Monday, July 8, 2013

Here Comes the Sun :)--Rachel

Hello everyone!

It's been only 3 days since we left Louisville, but we have already experienced so much! We have been around the city centre of Cork multiple times which I found wonderful! Cork is a beautiful city with amazing people! Everyone is so helpful and friendly with a great outlook on life.

Yesterday we visited the Blarney Castle where everyone (but me) kissed the Blarney Stone.  I am absolutely petrified of heights so climbing the staircase inside the castle was not in the cards for me.  While I waited for them, I walked around the grounds surrounding the castle and took in the absolutely gorgeous scenery.  I've found that Ireland looks remarkably like Kentucky with its greenery and rolling hills which can make you a little homesick, but I'm definitely enjoying the view!

We must have brought the Ohio Valley heat with us when we came because it has been unseasonably hot while we're here which just means you have a better excuse to eat ice cream! It also makes for a great conversation starter with Cork locals. :)

More to come later!

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment